Thursday, January 18, 2018

A New Low, Even for PBUS

So yesterday PBUS called for the arrest of Governor Dan Malloy, apparently because he's a "supporter of bail reform." It's actually worse than I make it out, because PBUS made this statement after signing a petition wanting him arrested for immigration issues, apparently thinking that any arrest of a bail reforming governor for any reason will somehow help the cause of keeping money and profit alive in bail.

This is so monstrously stupid, so incredibly dangerous, and so completely incomprehensible for a national "professional" association to do, that I have come to doubt whether PBUS knows anything at all about representing a group of people at the national level.

It's not the first time I've heard such things from PBUS, which apparently thinks running a national association is like shooting a reality show. I've known lots of national professional associations, and the worst of them is still a thousand percent better than PBUS.

But this seals it. If I say you aren't worth me even mentioning you anymore, then you're in big trouble. Bail agents, from now on, if you think you have any hope at all in this fight, you better place it with ABC. You won't hear "PBUS" from me any longer. There's simply no reason to believe that PBUS is an effective national organization that has any hope to change the tide of anything. It's become entirely irrelevant except to the extent that it harms your cause.

So long, PBUS. And keep up the great work -- it actually makes my job a lot easier.