Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Confused About What Bounty Hunters Actually Do?


We used to call them bounty hunters, but I think I like the term “agent” better because it sounds fancy and makes you feel like you're gambling in Morocco. He says he’s setting the record straight about what these agents actually do because people are confused.

Frankly, I don’t think I’m all that confused. This next story, http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-stories/stories/bondsmen-arrested-shooting-trenton-man-5494.shtml, is pretty clear about what these two “fugitive recovery agents” in Florida actually did: they chased a guy, got into a scuffle with a dog, shot the guy, and got arrested for aggravated assault (the defendant was only facing charges for disorderly conduct, by the way).

The more stories I read about people trying to correct misconceptions about what they do, the more I think that they aren’t really misconceptions, you know?